Monday, June 7, 2010

Empanadas at 7am...

Painting at the ComedorJorge y Pelucha (teddy bear- aww)
Laura n I (Rocio's despedida)

This past week was filled with Mayas, Mayas, and fiestas! I've been working a lot on my Maya paper, which is due this Thursday for my Geografia clase. I think as long as the paper is decent the profe will give us a good grade basically bc he thinks all the extranjeros are idiots and hes super nice- but we still gotta make sure its good. ANywhere from 10-20 pages, hmmm.... I have about 4 1/2 right now and going strong. Good news: I got a 10/10 on my cuento (story), and we critiqued in class and apparently my paper had many fans  : 0 who knew... Next week have another final for my Comercio internacional clase, whew lots of reading to do! Hopefully ill do as well as my last, dedos cruzados.
Thursday I cam home to an apartment with no electricity- apparently 14% of the city was without electricity at that point. And mi mama y yo made up the 5% that stayed without electricity for a whole day- bla!
Friday I went to a CEPNA religion/culture event, which was really intersting, I always love hearing indiginos talking about thier culture and expereinces. After I met up with my new friend, Rocio's place to hang out with a bunch of her friends (buenas ondas- good waves~~ cool people) at 4am we headed to a boliche (bulnes and lavalle- the intersection and name, ha!) to do some dancing, and ended up at another friend's house to eat some yummy empanadas at 7am and drinking some mate. Got some 3 1/2 hrs of sleep and headed off to the Comedor to do some wall sanding and painting. After a few hours of work, Jorge made us a great lunch of a type of canelones filled w spinach and others with ham. We pretty much took as long eating and chatting as we did working on the walls. After a quick nap I went to Andres' housewarming party for his new apartment. We went to dinner (Napolitan pizza- yumm) and bought some dessert to celebrate. I went to Rocio's despedida fiesta - good bye party with Lauryn -after waiting forever for a colectivo. It was good fun, and resembled the interesting night before, except instead of the empanadas we has medialunas-croissants- just as delicious. Still keeping up with the running at parque centenario : ), which is what i did today. I also met up with NOra to go over our paper at a cute little cafe, Oasis, with a just as cute mozo-waiter, before my last geografia class.  Other goal for the week, besidesthe paper: find out when the heck I'm coming home, and from what country...


No comments:

Post a Comment