Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend adventures and this week...
























































Over the weekend I went to the Palermo zoo, which was great! There were a lot of animals walking around, literally right next to us, a parrot who kept saying 'hola'. That night we met up with some Csers, Luji, Juan, Fede, and some others and went to dance the night away to cumbia, reggaeton, and some techno. Woke up a few hours later to head to Tigre. About an hour and a half away. Its a beautiful place outside the city known for fishing, rowing, its amusement park, and large ferria. I ended up meeting a portena by the name of Flavia while I was waiting for my friends, and she said she would be our tour guide that day: ) It was nice strolling around Tigre and chatting with Flavia. Sunday was a chill, very productive day.












I ended up really liking my geography class that I was testing out Monday. And I've been liking my Cuentos class. And the Castellano is required. So far I have 4 classes that I know I am taking, CASTELLANO, CUENTOS LATINOAMERICANOS CONTEMPORANEOS, MARKETING TACTICO Y OPERATIVO, Y GEOGRAPHY GENERAL and 1 still in limbo. (between international marketing or a history/courses in Tango.











The professors seem to be pretty nice, and sympathetic to foreigners- Yankees teehee(americans). One of my professors even emailed all the extranjeros and offered a sincere hand if we need any help. Other students in my classes seem really nice and helpful, so I'm thankful for that. One girl, Elizabeth, helped me find where the photocopiadora (place where we print off everything- including our 'books'- handouts 4 class) was- which without her help I would have never found!






A few classes I tried out I found I don't want to take anymore because they wouldn't transfer for credit, the prof was too difficult to understand, the material didn't interest me. It's nice that the extranjeros get to test out their classes for a few weeks until we decide if we want to keep them.










I love having my one class in Universidad Catolica Argentina (UCA), because its in Puerto Madero- which is by the ports, and its lovely there. See pics. My other classes are at San Salvador (USAL) and the IFSA building, they are right in the heart of the city- surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the portenos. It takes me about 30-40mins to get to my universitites, and give or take 20 mins between all of them. I spend my time in the Subte reading the free local Diarios (newspapers) or people watching.














1 comment:

  1. The sites and everything look incredible!

    ReplyDelete