Tuesday, April 13, 2010

!Divertido!

After our Chocotorta

Parque Cetenario



Parque Cetenario


hanging out with Andres#2






Pablo & Our Chocotorta!! 1/2 Nutella filled and 1/2 dulce de leche

Saturday we met up with Pablo to make a CHOCOTORTA... yummmm..... it's a really famous cake here. Ingredients: chocolate cookies, coffee, dulce de leche (or substitute with Nutella like we did too), cream cheese, and a Porteno-> ok not really, but its a nice touch. Once all the tapas- layers- are put on, you have to refrigerate it for atleast 3 hours. After our baking lesson Nora and I headed off to Abasto shopping to meet up with Cser, Andres (yes I now know 2 Andres, 3 Pedros, and about 6 Juans). We watched a BAFICI corto (4 short movies in one- 1 French, the rest were Argentine) which were interesting but really confusing to understand- not because of the language. I really liked one about trying to escape poverty. After the cortos we headed of to the COTO to do some shopping for dinner and made a great parilla at Andres' apt. We hung out there the rest of the night listening to him on his guitar and other music, chatting, and practicing my tango moves- yes, I am still taking lessons even though its tough.

Sunday Bex, Nora, and I got together at the park to eat our chocotorta we made for ourself, the other one we gave to our friend Zac for his bday. The chocotorta was just as amazing as it sounds, and we scarfed it down while the kids running around us stared us down- no joke. I then went to another BAFICI independednt movie titled Secuestro y Muerte, which was also interesting and confusing, but had a little history in it too.

These past few days have been school, which is the same, I pretty much have my routine down, which honestly at this point, I'm happy with. Although I have my 1st presentation on Thursday in my Lit class- I'm doing Paseo, by Jose Donoso, and I'm super nervous about it! But I feel pretty prepped already. I then have another project due on Monday, where my group must present too for my geography class- we are working on the Iran Iraq War. No classes on wednesdays, so this is my work day. And Friday I'm off to Colonia, Uruguay for a night, with IFSA.





No comments:

Post a Comment