Friday, April 30, 2010

Loving BA

Racing v Banfield 2 - 0

Becca's 21st- kareoke barBangos with AndresPreparing our Creole Dinner
La Bomba
I started the last weekend off with a bar in San Telmo called The Red Door, where Nora, Emily and I met a great group of people from all over the world and played lots of pool- which I'm horrible at- and seem to be getting worse at. Friday I went to a Kareoke bar for my friend, Becca's, 21st. it was great fun, there was singing, dancing, and kinda live entertainment. We then headed back to Becca's place for some delic. ice cream at 6am! So good. Saturday afternoon was spent shopping with Bex and her portena friend Alicia looking for cheap warmer clothes near Plaza Once. Fail (well for me).  I then headed to Ciudad Universitaria to play my 1st Ultimate Frisbe pickup game in BA. SOOOO much fun! It was really nice to throw and play, considering I haven't held a disc in 3 months. Everyone I met there is really cool and we played some good points. Saturday night Nora and I headed over to Andres' casa to make some Creole dinner with a Cser he's hosting and his roomate, and his sister. After our delic dinner we headed to a party where there were many international people, always a good time.
Sunday Nora and I headed to a Racing v Bamfield futbol match. My 1st soccer game ever! It was AMAZING. I can't even begin to explain the adrenaline within the stadium when Racing scored the 1st goal of the game in the 2nd half. We had seats in the popular (where you don't have a seat and just stand- which is more fun anyways). Before the game Christian was teaching us some Racing cheers- all of which i can only remember one line "Racing mi buen amigo..." The game was interesting and the hinchas-fans- made it even more exciting. I munched on some Churi pan after the game- 'spicy' sausage sandwhich with tons of toppping like chimichurri- and started on the dreaded homework and studying this week entailed. I had my 1st exam this past Thursday in my Lit. class. It went pretty well I think. I studied  a lot for it, and felt pretty prepared, so we'll have to see how it turns out.
And Monday night I headed to La Bomba ( a really popular percussion concert) with Christian, a porteno I met a few nights before, because my Monday night class got cancelled. He's a super cool guy who plays an instrument similar to bongos, but larger, so it was good to hear some details about the Bomba while seeing them perform. You can't help but move when you are there, the sounds out of the instruments are electrifying, an amazing show!

No comments:

Post a Comment