Tuesday, May 18, 2010

La semana pasada...

The past week was a little hectic for me because I had a parcial in my International Marketing class. I studying a lot for it, and was really nervous for the test, but it's done. I think I did pretty good on it, but here, you never know. When I turned it in the profesor looked a little confused- I'm sure my formatting was diferent than the rest and had tons of errors on it, and after apologizing many times- the prof said don't worry about it- yes literally in English. haha!
La Granja (I'm in the orange UofI sweatshirt-of course)
Friday I went to Caballito's sole museum - El museo de Ciencias Naturales- and it was kinda run down, but still had some interesting things to learn about. Nora and I planned out our 20 page paper for our Geografia clase, and started on that a little bit too. We then headed over to Tunedra to have some dinner at Chris' house. We had some pasta and torta that he made, it was pretty good- except for the fact that the torta had tuna- yuk! After dinner I headed over to hang out with some friends at the same bar- The Negril- we hung out at last week. good fun : ) Saturday I spent 3 hours playing ultimate, which was so much fun, but really tiring. And later that night Nora and I met up with Alejandro for a Greek Fiesta- yes we saw about 80 plates being broken, either on the floor or on people's heads. And of course Alejandro taught us how to dance Greek style. OPA!
Monday I had to wake up early to do volunteer at an organic farm in the city. We were broken up into groups and helped pelear (shovel), semillar (plant seeds), and arrancar (take out) weeds. After our labor we ate choripan and I tried morcilla (blood sausage) and was very content. Nora, Bex, and I then met up with the president of IFSA, Mario, to talk over our plans for Bariloche (Rio Negro province, pretty much SOuthwest of BA, around the Andes MTs.) SUper excited to go!!! We will be leaving this Friday and coming back the following Friday. It's gonna be great : P

No comments:

Post a Comment