Sunday, May 9, 2010

RACING, mi buen amigo...

Sweet Mama'sNew friendsCapucha- hood- shot after the game- it was coldFU'TBOLHinchadas- fansJuan

Constitucion train station
Last week was pretty laid back for me compared to the previous. I'm pretty much settled in with all my classes, but am dreading my 1st parcial-exam- in my International Marketing course. Besides studying and doing homework- because that's always pretty much the same I celebrated 5 de Mayo with my IFSA friend Lauryn, and some others. Nora and I met up with a Chilean friend, Sebastian on Thursday and hung out in the Recoletta area, which of course I ended up sleeping in my 2nd home here- Nora's house- her host mama has an extra room with bunk beds- which I was offered whenever I wanted. So sweet! Friday I met up with my friend Esteban who I haven't seen in more than a month b4 that. Later that night   I went to see a play with my Castellano class- which the title was too long and complicated to remember- sort of how the play was. It was really bizzarre, but I understood most of the SPanish- I had trouble with the plot and the purpose of it... I actually stayed in Friday night, which was a good decision to catch up on some needed sleep... I watched part of a movie with Spanish subtitltes and the volume really low. Saturday Nora and I headed to Avallaneda with our friend Christian and a new Korean freind who's  been traveling for 5 monts which I didn't quite remember his name. We met up with another friend in the stadium, Juan, who we met before. ANd we all watched in dismay when our team - RACING- lost 3-0 to River. Q triste! Some churipan (sausage sandwhich with tons of toppings) cured our sadness after the game. Nora and I sent our friend on his way back home and then headed to a bar in Constitucion where we met some old drunk men- haha! One fought in the Malvina war- so we had a little history lesson from him, and the others were good fun. We met up with Esteban and his friends from work shortly after that and ended up going to thier restaurant, chilling out till 8 am chatting, dancing, and eating delicious empanadas.
My favorite cheer from Racing that I must leave:
Racing mi buen amigo...Esta campaƱa volveremo estar contigo
Te alentaremo de corazon
Esta es tu Hinchada que te quiere ver campeon
No me importa lo que digan
Lo que digan los Demas
Yo te sigo a todas partes
Cada vez te quiero mas.

No comments:

Post a Comment