Thursday, February 11, 2010

!Oi!
















Today is the 3rd day of my trip to Brasil, I can't believe its been 3 days already. Yesterday I woke up around 11:30am, I guess I was trying to sleep off my jet lag- or maybe I just haven't allowed myself to sleep that late in ages. Nora and I went for a walk around Joana's block, after saying hi to the family's servant, Madianna, and took some pics (posted). We then lazily rested in the hammocks infront of her house- so comfy! We ate lunch with Joana- she came for her hour lunch break with her boyfriend, Bruno. Just as we were done with lunch it started raining cats & dogs (gatos e sigas). We waited the rain out and then went to Marta, Joana's aunt's, home to swim- a few houses away. She also has a lovely daughter named Elena and a cat and a dog. I surprisingly got somewhat of a base tan going- Nora unfortunately got burnt. We will be going to the pool again today.

We were then rained out by a long storm, which we waited out in Joana's house with an American filmed called the Iron Jawed Angels- it was about women suffrage- pretty interesting.

We then went shopping with Joana in town, came back for a light snack, figured some things out for Rio (pronounced Hio), and got lost on the way to the mall- it took us an hour and a half, when it should have taken us 1/2 an hour. Ha. We met up with Selena, Patricia, and Natalia, Joana's friends. They were very nice people who knew a little English and gave us some tips on Rio. We got home around 11:30pm and crashed.

The game plan for Rio is that we are taking a bus tonight at midnight and traveling for 7 hours to Rio, where we will be staying with a family friend of Joana's father, in COPA CABANNA! More info to come: )

1 comment:

  1. AH the pictures are just gorgeous! Glad things seem to be going really well! And holy crap! A 7 hour bus ride... never ever underestimate the power of napping, my dear. ;)

    ReplyDelete