Friday, February 26, 2010

1st Week in Buenos Aires

Portenos!









Me on the Subte (subway)





My first week in BA has been exhausting, and a lot of fun. Its great to be learning so much about a country in such a short time, and knowing that your going to be staying here for 5 months! This is such a pretty city filled with beautiful people (Portenos). Tuesday I had to take an oral and writin exam to see what section I was placed into for Castellano class (Porteno spanish)- I was placed in the lower one of course. But thats prob a good thing. After orientations we visited the Obelesco and the gardens of Palermo- so pretty (lindo)! And of course I tried the cafe de leche, and dulce de leche, carne, and many other foods of which are musts in BA.
Thurs night is a popular night for parties, as well as Fri and Sat of course. Nora and I met up with some Portenos thru couch surf, so we met up with Juan and his friends to attend a small fiesta that his friend was hosting. This fiesta was fun, but had to be moved because people my age- and up until 26, live with their families until they get solid jobs, and the mother of the house came home early. Ha! She wasnt upset- I guess this happens a lot in that house, but she just told us to leave. The fiesta went to la casa de Ivan and we ended up staying up till 5am- pretty early over here. All of Juan's friends were great to talk to- I tried really hard to speak only Castellano even tho they all wanted to speak english to us! But Juan and a few others obliged to our request, so we got some good practice in. I plan on doing 3 weeks of laundry tomorrow and get some sightseeing in while I have the time.






No comments:

Post a Comment